Do you ever get spells of dizziness if you get up to fast or for no apparent reason? Do you have bouts of sensitivity to movement that affects your balance, sensitivity to light and sound, changes in vision that affect your ability to think or do your daily routine?
If you said yes to any of these questions you may have an issue with the system in the body responsible for balance known as the Vestibular System, and you are not alone.
- Approximately 69 million adults in America (35% of the US population) over the age of 40 has suffered from Vestibular problems1
- As many as 8 million Americans (4% of the US population) suffer from chronic ongoing balance issues2
- Vertigo and Ménière’s Disease, two formal clinical diagnosis for dizziness, accounts for over 1/3 of all dizziness to all health care providers3
Having any of these problems is not normal and an indication of something gone wrong within the body. This can not only take away from your job or personal life, but also make simple tasks such as bathing and getting dressed challenging.
The problem is known to take place in the Vestibular System which is made up of the canals in the ear filled with fluid and particles. When the fluid or particles do not function properly the brain can not properly communicate to the rest of the body where it is positioned in space. There are very few answers to correct the cause of the problem. Many people suffering with these problems are now seeking natural treatment for dizziness, Vertigo, or Ménière’s Disease.
Dizziness and Vertigo specialist, Dr Timothy Flory, is helping patients in Upland, California and surrounding areas to get natural relief with Upper Cervical Chiropractic. This advanced training which focuses on the top bone in the neck Atlas (C1 vertebrae) has helped many patients resolve their dizziness and vertigo issues. If the Atlas is out of its proper position it affects the position of the head, the nerve to the Vestibular System (CN VIII), and the main tube in the ear.
By examining the upper neck and providing the perfect correction to each patient, it has been scientifically proven to help patients in as little as one or two adjustments.4
- Agrawal Y, Carey JP, Della Santina CC, Schubert MC, Minor LB. Disorders of balance and vestibular function in US adults. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169(10): 938-944.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD). Strategic Plan (FY 2006-2008). Available at: www.nidcd.nih.gov/StaticResources/about/plans/strategic/strategic06-08.pdf. (accessed 31 March 2015).
- Neuhauser HK, Radtke A, von Brevern M et al. Burden of dizziness and vertigo in the community. Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(19):2118–2124.0
- Burcon MT. Upper cervical specific protocol and results for 139 patients with medically diagnosed meniere’s disease. , J Vertebral Subluxation Res November 14, 2010:1-10.
To find a doctor in your area go to www.nucca.org or if you are in the Upland, California area to schedule a consultation, just click the button below:
Dr. Tymothy Flory, Dr. James Weiss and Dr. Jameson Wong of Atlas Spinal Care in Upland, California are Upper Cervical Specialists trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). Their upper cervical clinic also serves Claremont, La Verne, San Dimas, Glendora and surrounding areas. They are uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on their website at http://www.atlasspinalcare.com/